GIANT PUMPKIN/SQUASH CONTEST
GIANT PUMPKIN/SQUASH WEIGH-IN CONTEST
RULES and REGULATIONS
Based on the Rules and Regulations of the
New EnglandGiant Pumpkin Growers Association and the Ottawa-St. Growers. Lawrence
1. Fruit shall be grown in the State of
2. Pumpkin/squash must be grown and cared for by the exhibitor.
3. Exhibitor can only enter one specimen per class and there can be no more than three entries per family or household per division.
4. Specimens must be sound healthy and undamaged. Entries must be free of rot, chemical residue (fungicides, holes/cracks through to the cavity and serious soft spots). This is a subjective matter for the judges to decide. We include the term “serious” before soft spots, because some pumpkins will exhibit minor soft spots which in no way compromises the soundness of the pumpkin.
5. No foreign material is permitted to be included in the weighing. The vine must be trimmed to one inch from the stem of the fruit. The judges reserve the right to fully inspect each specimen before the weigh-in. Refusal to allow the inspection of the entry will cause said entry to be disqualified.
6. Competition will consist of two divisions: (a) adult; (b) children – 12 years and under, with three classes in each division:
1) Giant Pumpkin – any fruit cream, yellow-to-orange in color. Minimum 75%.
2) Giant Squash – any fruit green-to-gray in color.
3) Old-Fashion Jock-O-Lantern Pumpkin.
7. Fruit will be accepted on the first Sunday of the Fair from to at the Agricultural Tent.
8. Fruit will be weighed on the first Sunday of the Fair as they come in.
9. All entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of Windsor Fair and may be picked up on Labor Day after and
10. Winner will be the biggest pumpkin or squash by natural weight.
11. All entries above 100 lbs. Except Jack-O-Lanterns must arrive on a pallet for ease of handling for the Windsor Fair personnel.
For further information, contact Joseph Gaboury, 207-685-9446 and Edwin Pierpont, 468 E Pond Rd., Jefferson, ME 04348, 207-215-5049.
2. Squash 100 75 50
3. Old Fashion Jack-O-Lantern 45 35 25
5. Squash 60 50 40
6. Old Fashion Jack-O-Lantern 30 25 20
7. Beating Current Fair Record of 1094 lbs. $500.00